Positive Words | Powerful Words & List of Positive Words
The basic structure of thoughts is language. The language you choose to use each day and the words you choose to speak and think will have an effect upon your thoughts, which will in turn effect the chemical reactions in your body. This will effect your emotions and how you feel, as well as your physical, mental and spiritual health.
A thought is a form of energy and with that energy you are priming your mind to attract such things into your life.
- If thoughts are the builder words are the architect.
Don’t cry because it’s over…smile because it happened.
Change to Positive Words & Powerful Words
Using positive words and powerful words is one of the simplest exercises you can do to change your thoughts and feelings. Simply change the words you use.
Think of this as more than just a simple exercise however, think of it as a whole new way of life. You have the desire to achieve a permanent positive change in your life don’t you?
Then some aspects of yourself also need to permanently change. Let’s make sure it’s a positive change.
This is an exercise you can start right this very second and begin to notice results immediately however, breaking the habits of a lifetime doesn’t come quickly. You will have to:
- Become aware of the words you use and how they effect your thoughts, feelings and actions
- Make a conscious effort to remove certain words from your everyday language and replace them with positive empowering words
- Eventually break the habit of using negative words and naturally speak and think using your new pattern of language and thought
Take a moment to think about how other individuals speak and try to imagine why they speak the way they do and what effects this might have upon them and the people around them.
- Imagine how a Buddhist monk speaks and the choice of words he uses to express himself
- Imagine the choice of words that a doctor may use, both positive and negative words, and picture how their choice of words may make their patients feel
- Remember, thoughts are the builder and your words are the architect
This may seem very simple to you, almost too simple to be of any real use. Sometimes it’s the smallest and simplest of things that have the biggest impact on our lives.
- In order to change yourself you must change your entire perspective on life, bit by bit, piece by piece, one step at a time, one word at a time
- Every journey begins with one step and before you know it, you’ll be running on auto-pilot and you’ll be a happier person for it too
Stop Using Negative Words
There are literally hundreds of negative words in the English language, however we will focus on a few of the the most common ones. Try to understand how each word effects how you feel.
- Think of some of the words you may currently use and the effect those words have upon your mind and body, what they make you think, the emotions that follow and how that makes you think
The word “Anxious” sends a strong message to your brain. Replace this word with “Concerned” or “Expectant” and you send your brain a very different message.
Continue to use the word “Bored” and you are programming your mind to respond in the way you are consciously telling it to.
Replace the word “Failure” with “Feedback” and “Self-critical” with “Perfectionist” and you remove the negativity from your lives experiences.
Continue to use the word “Depressed” and similarly, you are sending your brain a very powerful message which will in turn effect your thoughts, the chemical reactions in your brain and your emotions which will change how you feel, your mental state and your physical health and ultimately…your life.
Have a positive outlook on everything and anything, changing negative words to positive words and programming yourself to think and feel good.
You already know the power of thought right?
Start using that power right now in a positive way. Throw out the negative words and focus on their positive replacements by using powerful words.
- Remember, there is no such thing as a negative occurrence in life. It’s only your interpretation of it that makes it negative. With a positive outlook on life, what may initially seem to be something bad, will turn into something good if you believe it will. Something positive can be taken from any situation if you choose to recognise it.
Negative Words you Can Replace with a List of Positive Words
EXISTING NEGATIVE WORDS – REPLACEMENT POSITIVE WORDS
Angry – change to – Disenchanted
Afraid – change to – Uncomfortable
Anxious – change to – Expectant
Depressed – change to – Out of sorts
Failure – change to – Feedback
Embarrassed – change to – Stimulated
Fearful – change to – Curious
Hurt – change to – Bothered
I hate – change to – I prefer
Impatient – change to – Anticipating
Sad – change to – Working on being happy
Insecure – change to – Questioning
Lazy – change to – Storing energy
Lonely – change to – Available
Lost – change to – Searching
Self Critical – change to – Perfectionist
You get the general idea. You’ll do well to find a single negative word in the English language that you can not replace with a positive word or phrase of similar meaning. Give it a try. It most definitely makes a big difference.
Stop focusing on…
Fear – Blame – Despair – Anger – Boredom – Revenge – Pessimism – Guilt – Hatred – Worry – Frustration – Jealousy
Start to focus on
Passion – Joy – Love – Appreciation – Happiness – Belief – Optimism – Hope – Contentment
Morning Exercise Using Positive Words & Powerful Words
Each morning before you get out of bed, complete a quick mental exercise to give your mind and body a quick positive boost. Repeat out loud to yourself,
- “Today I am going to be happy, energetic, full of love and compassion and I’m going to have a great day.”
You can make the saying anything you want, just as long as its packed full of positive words. The key is to put a little energy into it and actually feel what you are telling yourself, or how you are telling your mind to behave.
Also, feel free to change your mind quote every time you say it. Programme yourself with something new every day. You can also speak out a similar mind quote while lying in bed just before you go to sleep.
It would also be a good idea to have an appropriate phrase for before you go to sleep.
I hope you found this article on positive words and powerful words insightful and valuable. And I hope you can start to put this to good use. Because remember, you are not only what you eat…but you also what you speak.