How Earthing and Grounding Yourself with Nature Heals
A recent study at the University of Glasgow has shown that activities in nature, such as in woods and parks etc, have a positive effect upon our bodies including:
- Reducing our stress levels
- Fighting fatigue and giving us more energy
- …and boosting our immune system
It has also been shown that working out indoors or in a gym is significantly less effective for your mental health as working out in green surroundings. Exercise is good for you, no matter where you do it, however it is significantly healthier for you to exercise outside while surrounded by nature With Earthing and Grounding however you can take nature healing to the next level.
Look deep into nature and you will understand everything
The Science Behind Earthing and Grounding
It has been shown many times that nature, green surroundings, water and plants, and Earthing and Grounding yourself all have a calming effect upon the body and mind. One theory is that it signals to our brain that we have a means for food and shelter, a deep rooted reaction stemming from thousands of years of human evolution. While we can see, feel and measure the effects nature has on us, we can not at this time fully understand why it does effect us.
- There are hundreds of official research studies showing that regular connection with nature helps to reduce the production of Cortisol, the chemical in the brain that causes us to feel stressed.
- It has also been shown that a regular contact with nature will improve your mental health and also enhance your psychological development.
- It has also been shown that those who spend time with nature are more connected and have a greater feeling of purpose in their lives. Being in and around nature opens up your bodies awareness to its surroundings which allow your senses to come alive.
Of course it’s not just the nature around us that has benefits to our health. The sunlight also plays a big part in our mental well-being as the suns rays are necessary for our body to boost the production of vitamin D, which is used to increase bone density, and decrease the risk of some cancers among other things.
It’s recommended to get at least 10 to 15 minutes of direct sunlight at least twice a week to remain on peak form. It has also been shown that those patients who experience aches and pains, arthritis or are feeling mentally low, can have an immediate boost, both physically and emotionally, by simply soaking in some sun rays.
- Having plants indoors also helps to improve particle content and odour quality of indoor air
- Indoor plants also help to stabilise indoor humidity levels
Earthing and Grounding
Another important fact to be aware of is grounding, why it’s important and how to do it and the good news is, you don’t need any special skills or knowledge to start.
Science has proven that the surface of the Earth is negatively charged, or in other words, contains more negative electrons than positive protons.
It has also been documented by mainstream science that, when an individuals bare foot touches the Earth, whether that’s on sand, rock, soil or grass, an automatic balancing occurs. The soles of our feet are covered in highly sensitive nerve endings and when these nerve endings make contact with the natural Earth, our feet begin to interact with the negative charge of the Earth.
If the human body contains too many electrons, the Earth will automatically absorb any excess electrons from the body through the soles of the feet and balance the body in the process.
Similarly, if the body contains too little electrons, the Earth will automatically provide the body with additional electrons. This process helps to create balance and equilibrium within the physical body and plays an important role in regulating our emotional selves. All you need to do is stand barefoot on the ground for this natural and automatic process to complete.
It’s vital that people are aware that we do not live upon nature. We are nature. We are as much a part of nature as the Earth born trees.
Our physical bodies are quite literally part of the Earth and when you remove the natural entity, that is the human being, from its natural environment, you create all sorts of unnatural negative side-effects. Much of the science on why nature heals us can be put down to man and woman returning to their natural vibration or frequency and that natural frequency is the same as the Earth.
So the moral of the story is, get yourself outside, feel the grass on your feet and heal yourself with nature. It’s been proven by science to work.
Have you tried Earthing and Grounding before? What have your experiences been?
The Science Papers Backing Earthing and Grounding
There is quite literally a tonne of scientific research and papers been written on the health benefits of Earthing and grounding so it’s no secret. Here’s a short selection of some of those papers and what the scientific research has found:
- “Could such an intervention be located right beneath our feet? Earthing research, observations, and related theories raise an intriguing possibility about the Earth’s surface electrons as an untapped health resource—the Earth as a “global treatment table.” Emerging evidence shows that contact with the Earth—whether being outside barefoot or indoors connected to grounded conductive systems—may be a simple, natural, and yet profoundly effective environmental strategy against chronic stress, ANS dysfunction, inflammation, pain, poor sleep, disturbed HRV, hypercoagulable blood, and many common health disorders, including cardiovascular disease. The research done to date supports the concept that grounding or earthing the human body may be an essential element in the health equation along with sunshine, clean air and water, nutritious food, and physical activity.” (1)
- “To date, there has been no systematic study of the effects of grounding on BP. However, there are anecdotal reports that patients using blood-thinning drugs, such as warfarin (Coumadin®), need to have their clotting time monitored when they begin to make more frequent conductive contact with the earth. When physicians recommend evidence-based, harmless, and simple natural interventions, alleviation of human suffering and improved quality of life can be realized. The findings in this pilot study indicate that grounding has a safe and significant effect on zeta potential and that further study is warranted.” (2)
- “Grounding reduces pain and alters the numbers of circulating neutrophils and lymphocytes, and also affects various circulating chemical factors related to inflammation.” (3)
- “Results indicate that grounding the human body to earth (“earthing”) during sleep reduces night-time levels of cortisol and resynchronizes cortisol hormone secretion more in alignment with the natural 24-hour circadian rhythm profile. Changes were most apparent in females. Furthermore, subjective reporting indicates that grounding the human body to earth during sleep improves sleep and reduces pain and stress.” (4)
- “Pleasant and positive moods statistically significantly improved among grounded-but not sham-grounded-participants. It is concluded that the 1-hr. contact with the Earth improved mood more than expected by relaxation alone. More extensive studies are, therefore, warranted.” (5)
That’s only a tiny selection of the scientific research done into the health benefits of Earthing and Grounding I could literally go on all day. So there you have it, the science is clear. Get out and ground yourself regularly and boost your health with Earthing.
Learn More About Healing
You can learn more about natural healing by exploring your inner natural healing abilitites with Reiki. Why not discover the many benefits of Reiki, get a deeper understanding for how Reiki heals and if science is more your thing, you can find some great mainstream Reiki Scientific Research here. Reiki takes Earthing and Grounding to the next level. Enjoy your exploration.