Conquer Your Fears | How to Let Go of Fears
You can conquer your fears and learn how to let go of fears using a simple technique that keeps your mind aware in the present moment, rather than focusing on fearing the future.
Fear is something that we all experience at one time or another, and experiencing fear is a normal and natural reaction to what’s going on in the environment around you.
And while fear may be unpleasant to experience, fear is a protective mechanism that’s built into us to help keep us safe and away from harm.
So when fear arises, don’t block it, suppress it, or ignore it. Be aware of it, and be aware of why it’s surfacing so you can understand what your fear is trying to show you and how your fear is trying to guide you.
And that’s an important thing to remember, that your fears are a means of guidance that help to motivate you into taking appropriate action.
Where fear can become a problem for us is when we continue to experience that fear beyond the moment it was motivating us into action.
There’s an old Japanese proverb that says:
“Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.”
If you are feeling fear with an event that’s going on in your environment, that fear is not due to the event itself, but due to your estimation of it.
Your fear arises not because of the event, but because of your anticipation of that event.
The amygdala part of your brain anticipates something and those expectations trigger your fear to arise.
And these fears can be logical and reasonable, or illogical and unreasonable.
The problem is when these fears become the driving force of your imagination, and you find yourself creating additional expectations and predictions which further fuel your fears.
These sustained fears are stories we create within our imagination, which stops our minds from acting in a reasonable and logical way.
And if you want to conquer your fear, you have to take an action of some sort to reduce the intensity of your fear, with the aim of eliminating it completely.
When fears arise, or your imagination gets carried away with anticipating, expecting, or predicting the future, stop what you’re doing, and take a moment to yourself.
Try this now while you’re watching this video:
- Close your eyes until the very end of this video, and try this technique…
- Touch your heart, intend to smile to your heart.
- Then take a slow deep breath in, and slowly breathe out.
- As you continue to breathe slowly and deeply, breathe in and think the word ‘Love’.
- As you breathe out think the word ‘Grounded’.
- And FEEL from your heart as you think the words Love, and grounded, with a happy smile.
- Gently place your attention on your feet, and feel the ground beneath you.
- Feel your arms, and feel your legs.
- Listen to every sound you can hear around you, indoors and outdoors.
- Gently be aware of every feeling, smell and sound.
- Feel the sensation of every breath as you inhale.
- And feel the sensation of every exhale.
- Be aware of your chest rising as you inhale.
- And be aware of your chest deflating as you exhale.
- Gently place your awareness on every part of your body.
- And be aware of how every part of your body feels.
- If your thoughts try to distract you, gently bring your attention back to feeling your arms and feeling your legs.
- And be aware of feeling every breath in, and every breath out.
- Do this for a few minutes, or longer if you wish, until you are aware of your mind no longer being guided by your thoughts and imagination.
- Feel the peace, the tranquillity, and the emptiness.
- Feel as your brain slows down, and your mind becomes still.
- Know that you have control over your mind and imagination.
- You can choose to change the direction your thoughts and fears are taking you.
- By gently being aware of something else, and SLOOOOWING DOOOOWN.
- Be aware that when you shift your attention to being aware of where you are at the present moment.
- That your stresses, fears, and anxieties reduce until they are completely cancelled.
You’re the one that’s in control of your mind and imagination. And you can take control of both these things, by choosing where to gently place your awareness. Use this technique to help you conquer fear and let go of fear today!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
If you liked this video on how to conquer your fears and how to let go of fears subscribe to my YouTube channel to be notified of new video releases and join our Facebook group for free Reiki training, healing, guidance, and support.
If you’re ready to venture deeper click the banner below, start your Reiki Solas® journey today, and discover the secret to self-empowerment and true self-mastery.